Question:

Question: Is there a way to ask Siri to turn down "her" volume

Hello - With the latest software update to HomePod today I was hoping that I would be able to ask Siri to reduce her speaking volume. This still hasn't been addressed. Has anyone figured out a way to reduce her volume? This would be greatly helpful at night.

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on

Question marked as Apple recommended
Answer:
Answer:

As it stands there is only one volume setting in the HomePod. Siri's volume may appear slightly louder or quieter than surrounding content depending on its intrinsic loudness, but there isn't anything for us users to figure out.

tt2

Posted on

Question marked as Apple recommended

Sep 18, 2018 4:22 PM in response to JoeCNM In response to JoeCNM

As it stands there is only one volume setting in the HomePod. Siri's volume may appear slightly louder or quieter than surrounding content depending on its intrinsic loudness, but there isn't anything for us users to figure out.

tt2

Sep 18, 2018 4:22 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 3, 2018 11:45 AM in response to JoeCNM In response to JoeCNM

Here is a fascinating article on the engineering behind Siri on the HomePod but sadly, there is nothing within that describes modifying Siri's volume when responding. I will keep hoping for a solution.

https://machinelearning.apple.com/2018/12/03/optimizing-siri-on-homepod-in-far-f ield-settings.html

Dec 3, 2018 11:45 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: JoeCNM

Question: Is there a way to ask Siri to turn down "her" volume