Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth isnt working properly on ios 12

I downloaded IOS 12 on my Iphone 6s and when I went to download watch OS 5 I realized that my bluetooth wasnt working even though I had had bluetooth enabled. This is a problem because I have an Apple Watch Series 1 42mm that i would really like to work properly.User uploaded file

Posted on Sep 17, 2018 6:58 PM

22 replies

Sep 17, 2018 9:14 PM in response to jielasi

No one is trying to do anything to your. I'm not seeing the issue you have and have never seen the unavailable message. Why not click on the link on the top right of this page and contact AppleCare and have them remotely test your iPhone?

The reference in her post was to you claiming the thread was not solved. According to the OP it is solved so they must have had a different problem than you had.

Sep 24, 2018 6:17 PM in response to monroezm1234

In my case after upgrading an ipad pro & iphone 5s to ios 12, they couldn’t connect via BT. Deleted the devices to attempt re-pairing, and they don‘t even see each other to try to pair. They just sit there spinning the gear looking for other devices. As a result, AirDrop is now also DOA. Thanks Apple for improving my customer experience. Next time just leave the friggin’ icon alone, and if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!

Sep 25, 2018 10:15 AM in response to ExtraO

Update: Spent 142 minutes in a chat session with Apple Support starting around midnight. We ran remote diagnostics on the iPhone 5s and my iPad pro, both checked out functionally as OK yet nothing would make AirDrop work between the two devices. I was then set up for a telephone session for this morning with Apple engineers to dig further into the problem. The call came in as scheduled, but while I was waiting for an Advisor to come on the line with me, the call was cut off, so no talking with Apple. However, all I was going to tell them was that everything that we couldn't get to work yesterday is -for reasons unknown to me- working as it should today, with the exception of pairing via Bluetooth between the iPad and the iPhone. They don't even see each other for the purpose of pairing, which is not a problem so long as AirDrop works, but they did pair quickly under IOS 11. I am able to pair between both of them and my late 2011 MacBookPro, but the pairings are very unstable and tend to disconnect spontaneously.

Sep 25, 2018 10:31 AM in response to ExtraO

ExtraO wrote:

well, they may not pair now, but they sure as heck used to. They even used to detect and pair with a bluetooth mouse i have around here. The mouse didn't work with either of them as I recall (and indeed I had no desire for it to work) but they did link up.

Well that's interesting because mice have NEVER been a supported feature with iPad or iPhone. Never.

Sep 26, 2018 1:26 AM in response to ExtraO

Exactly the same.

iPhone SE with iOS 12 (over 3 times re-installed...), cannot see the car (BMW) and pair with that.

Also the iPhone 8 of my wife again with iOS 12 exactly the same behavior.

What I start thinking, is that this is a lock down from Apple, in order to force CarPlay, without thinking of cars before 2016 that might cannot get CarPlay at all.

So I am not able any more to perform a phone call from the car controls.

Bluetooth isnt working properly on ios 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.