Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Severe Bluetooth Issue IOS 12

As stated above, I am experiencing Severe Bluetooth Issue IOS 12. Please find attached screen recording of the issue.

I have tried a hard reset & also resetting my network settings. No luck with either.

Please use link to view my screen recording as I cant embed in this paragraph.

https://streamable.com/fijkv

Any help would be much appriciated! I need my airpods & music in my car haha.

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 17, 2018 8:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2018 8:51 PM

I'm having the exact same problem on my iPhone X. The bluetooth setting rotates between On, Off, and Unavailable. I can turn it off from quick settings but a few seconds later it'll turn back on of its own accord.

Both reset network settings and reset all settings didn't help. However, I did an erase data on my phone and the problem went away with a clean install of iOS 12. So it doesn't seem like a hardware problem. After I restored from the backup I previously made on my Mac the problem continues to occur.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2018 8:51 PM in response to jielasi

I'm having the exact same problem on my iPhone X. The bluetooth setting rotates between On, Off, and Unavailable. I can turn it off from quick settings but a few seconds later it'll turn back on of its own accord.

Both reset network settings and reset all settings didn't help. However, I did an erase data on my phone and the problem went away with a clean install of iOS 12. So it doesn't seem like a hardware problem. After I restored from the backup I previously made on my Mac the problem continues to occur.

Sep 19, 2018 12:27 PM in response to jielasi

I had the same issue. Erasing all content and settings from the phone and restoring the latest backup did not solve the issue.

To verify that this issue was not hardware related I tried to "set up as new iPhone" option. After that time bluetooth was working normally so it was quite sure that the issue is somehow related to my "profile".

Setting up everything from scratch is not really practical so as a test I tried to restore previous backup from iCloud and for some reason that solved the issue for me and bluetooth is now working again. So if you have previous backup available you could try to restore that and see if it helps...

Sep 19, 2018 3:08 PM in response to jielasi

Similar to what other people are saying, I reset all data and settings. I restored it from my latest iCloud backup, but that didn't work. I reset it again, but restored from an older iCloud backup this time. Voila! Bluetooth is working. Super annoying. No idea why this would fix it. Definitely a bug with the new iOS installation. Hopefully they find it and fix it.

Sep 26, 2018 7:59 PM in response to jielasi

So I've just updated to iPhone XS. I can now connect to any apple bluetooth devices (e.g. my airpods) but still not able to connect to 3rd Party Bluetooth (e.g. my Volkswagen Golf). My initial issue only kicks in when Volkswagen is trying to pair with my new XS.... hoping for a swift IOS 12.0.1 update to squash this massive bluetooth blunder

Oct 6, 2018 10:03 PM in response to jielasi

My wife and I are having the same bluetooth and wifi issues. We each have iPhone X and we share a MacBook. I spent an hour on the phone with tech support this morning. They thought it was a "date/time issue, but they were wrong. I have a call back scheduled for 8am tomorrow. If I have any success, I will pass it on.

Severe Bluetooth Issue IOS 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.