Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Clock App in Siri Shortcuts

I’m trying to make a shortcut that sets an alarm for tomorrow morning that varies on when I have first appointment that day. But there is no action for that.

Is that feature that is coming in later or what? I saw some beta testers (developer) on internet using exactly that action...

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 18, 2018 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2018 2:58 PM

Hi, Rothschild!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I see you're using Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone X, but can't find an option for the shortcut you'd like to set. I'm happy to help!

If you don't see a shortcut that you want to use as a Suggested Shortcut, you might just need to open the app and perform the action you want, per Use Siri Shortcuts - Apple Support :

Don't see the shortcut that you want to use?

You might need to open the app and perform the action before it appears in the suggested list of shortcuts.

Third-party apps need to support Siri Shortcuts before you can add them to Siri. If you don't see a shortcut for a third-party app, make sure that the app is up to date and check the App Store to see if the app supports Siri Shortcuts.

Alternatively, you can use the Shortcuts app if you're still not able to create a Siri Shortcut to do exactly what you'd like: Use the Shortcuts app on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support .

Cheers!

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2018 2:58 PM in response to Rothschild

Hi, Rothschild!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I see you're using Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone X, but can't find an option for the shortcut you'd like to set. I'm happy to help!

If you don't see a shortcut that you want to use as a Suggested Shortcut, you might just need to open the app and perform the action you want, per Use Siri Shortcuts - Apple Support :

Don't see the shortcut that you want to use?

You might need to open the app and perform the action before it appears in the suggested list of shortcuts.

Third-party apps need to support Siri Shortcuts before you can add them to Siri. If you don't see a shortcut for a third-party app, make sure that the app is up to date and check the App Store to see if the app supports Siri Shortcuts.

Alternatively, you can use the Shortcuts app if you're still not able to create a Siri Shortcut to do exactly what you'd like: Use the Shortcuts app on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support .

Cheers!

Oct 21, 2018 1:03 PM in response to ChrisMS39

the Edit Bedtime function can only be accessed if Siri Suggests it - as of 21st of October 2018. This might change in the future, however.

I have seen that Shortcuts 2.1 Beta 2 has introduced actions such as:

• Get Current Weather
  • Get Weather Forecast
  • Create Alarm
  • Toggle Alarm
  • Start Timer

So we can rest assured that there are more actions coming into Shortcuts, and they're a mere AppStore update away. Here's hoping that Shortcuts 2.1 will come out around mid-November or before start of December, would be great.

There's no talk of entering Edit BedTime though, as that's a really useful feature to have on an iPhone, ever since Siri Suggested it, I've incorporated it into my Beddybyes shortcut that sets my phone up for going to bed, and the last action is to start up Edit Bedtime, I set that and then just lock the phone and zzz away.

Oct 21, 2018 12:43 PM in response to Rothschild

In order to get an alarm function with Siri Shortcuts, all you have to do is create the alarm using Siri or create the alarm within the Clock app. Then if you go into the search bar and then to Siri Suggestions when creating a shortcut it should show "Create an alarm for...". The same goes for timers as well. However, there is no way to use Siri Shortcuts to start the stopwatch or open the Clock app through "Open App". I don't know if you can use Bedtime in any way since I don't use it.

No Clock App in Siri Shortcuts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.