Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use as system photo library

On my MacBook Air if I go to preferences under general, it won’t give me the option to use the system photo library. The button is greyed out and I cannot across my photos in iMovie. What can I do to change that?

Posted on Sep 18, 2018 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2018 4:00 AM

If you open Photos > Preferences with Photos connected to the current system library then the option to use the current library as the system photo library will be greyed out. See Designate a System Photo Library in Photos - Apple Support for details on how to access a different library and set it as the system default. Your designated system photo library should appear in the sidebar in iMovie. See Add Photos images to an iMovie project - Apple Support for more. Dragging in images from Finder may be easier than locating them through this media library list.

tt2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2018 4:00 AM in response to Faith_isconfused

If you open Photos > Preferences with Photos connected to the current system library then the option to use the current library as the system photo library will be greyed out. See Designate a System Photo Library in Photos - Apple Support for details on how to access a different library and set it as the system default. Your designated system photo library should appear in the sidebar in iMovie. See Add Photos images to an iMovie project - Apple Support for more. Dragging in images from Finder may be easier than locating them through this media library list.

tt2

How to use as system photo library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.