Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie cannot see my Sony DCR-HC22E camcorder

Need your desperate help, i have a 2015 macbook air , i done this same process but on a sony camcorder dcr h22e with a 4 pin to 9 pin straight to the thunderbolt adapter. Everything was working fine for some time then all of a sudden my camera doesnt show up in imovie?

I tried a PRAM reset etc but still nothing , as soon as i plug in my thunderbolt cable into my laptop and its already connected to my camcorder my camcorder screen shows DVin but cant see anything on my laptop. I checked the thunderbolt connections to and it recognises my Thunderbolt to firewire adapter. need to get clips off it as soon as possible 😟 The camera simply does not show in imovie under cameras.

iMovie 10, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Sep 19, 2018 1:33 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 19, 2018 8:54 AM in response to topefromoutofspace

Hi,

I see that your camcorder is not shown in the iMovie supported camera list. That could be why it is not being read. However, If it is a tape based camera it still likely would be supported even though not shown.

iMovie supported cameras - Apple Support

Try importing to your desktop using the Image Capture app on your Mac. From there you can drag into iMovie. Or, you can try importing into the Photos app and accessing your vid from the Photos Library item in the iMovie media sidebar.

-- Rich

Sep 21, 2018 9:17 AM in response to topefromoutofspace

Quick Update:

Ive been to the applestore, we went through different thunderbolt cables, tried to use a genius bar startup mode they had , tried different firewire cables. Nothing has resolved the issue, im running out of patience because i dont know what the cause is, ive been stuck on this for months with no help trying to find different solutions everywhere.

iMovie cannot see my Sony DCR-HC22E camcorder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.