Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch Os 5 problems

Currently I’m having a problem with the music area of the watch. In the ‘now playing’ type app, the music playing on my iPhone is not showing and therefore can’t control my music from the watch.

In the actual music app within the watch going to the “on iPhone” although shows your music, there is an error saying “cannot play this item” whenever you try to pick a song.

Finally the watch app in the iPhone going to general>Reset the “reset sync data” doesn’t seem to be able be “pressed”?

Not sure if I’m the only one with this problem but I’d like you guys to be made aware and I’d really like it if there is a fix for this. Not being able to control your music especially the volume of your music is a pain... considering you have an AirPod.

Everything is up to date btw. iOS 12 for iPhone and iPad and Os 5 for the watch. Also I do know that the update is recent and therefore may be a bug...

Posted on Sep 19, 2018 2:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2018 8:06 AM

Same problem for me too after updating to ios 12 and watch os 5.

Have to take the phone out of the pocket always to control the volume and to change the song.

An update in a day has taken off the comfort of controlling the music from the watch.

Any solution for this anyone

5 replies

Watch Os 5 problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.