Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sony RX100 VI Raw support

How long does it usually take Apple to release RAW support for a new camera? They do not yet support the Sony RX100 VI.

Thanks,

Drew

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Sep 19, 2018 7:43 AM

9 replies

Sep 19, 2018 7:57 AM in response to Andrew Lynch

We are just fellow users, so cannot speak to Apple's internal processes after the camera vendor provides the supporting code information. Look for it when you see it is the best advice. The Sony RX100 VI RAW support may/may not be in the initial Mojave release on 9/24.

I would expect a new living Apple document released after Mojave that is the counterpart to the Digital Camera RAW formats provided here for iOS 11 and High Sierra.

Sep 19, 2018 9:35 AM in response to dialabrain

Fantastic! I guess this answers my original question. When I purchased the camera last week, the raw file would not open in photos. Now it does! Either I made a mistake, or something has changed. Interesting that the camera is still not listed in the official list of camera raw files supported by High Sierra: Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

Cheers,

Drew

Sep 19, 2018 9:30 AM in response to Andrew Lynch1

Andrew Lynch1 wrote:

I was wondering how long it took for the earlier versions of the camera to be supported, This is the 6th version, so I figured there was some history....

Thanks!

Drew

FWIW, no one keeps track of all the cameras Apple supports and the time it took for them to be supported. In this case, the Sony RX100 VI is already supported.

Sony RX100 VI Raw support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.