Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could someone please explain how to write a letter on my iMac then print

do I use documents ? word ? I don't know! just want an easy answer

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 19, 2018 11:35 AM

9 replies

Sep 20, 2018 9:34 AM in response to July1953

July1953 wrote:

So I clicked on Safari.. then Safari Extensions, searched for Pages, and several options came up.

Pages productivity, Toolbox, Graphic designs, PDF, templates.. which do I chose ?

No, please look in the Applications folder and look for the Pages app. You can also easily find it by looking in the Dock or in Launchpad. Another simple method is to hit (Command + Spacebar) and type in Pages and it should launch.

Pages - Apple has information on the Pages app that you will likely find useful.

Sep 20, 2018 10:24 AM in response to July1953

Your profile indicates you have a 21.5-inch iMac (Late 2009) model running macOS 10.6.8. It would probably be helpful to those providing assistance to know whether that information is still accurate, or whether you are using a different model iMac or a later version of macOS. An easy way to do this is to click on the Apple logo in the upper left corner of your display and write down the version of mac OS and the iMac model.

If you are running an older version of macOS like 10.6.8 then you probably need the iWork suite of applications from Apple that included Keynote for presentations, Pages for word processing, and Numbers for spreadsheet work. I believe that only Mac's purchased after October 2013 included iWorks at no charge, so it's possible that the Page application is not on your iMac unless you purchased it when it was available.

I've never used the Bean word processor, but it's free and it has versions that will work with older versions of macOS. You might want to give it a try to see if it meets your immediate needs. You'll need to download the version that matches your version of macOS.

http://www.bean-osx.com/Bean.html

Another option is to determine whether an online service like Google Docs would work for your needs.

https://www.google.com/docs/about/

Sep 20, 2018 11:14 AM in response to July1953

July1953 wrote:

ok now there are several "pages" apps. which would you recommend as a beginner ?

There is only 1 Pages app for Mac OS.

If you happen to have any IOS devices (iPac, iPhone etc..) there is a IOS version of Pages for them. The good news is all the files (documents) are 100% compatible and may be shared across the various devices (Macs, iPads, iPhones) if you have that need.

If you need to share Pages documents with Windows users you can do that too, save the documents as a doc or .docx formats which are the native Word formats.

Could someone please explain how to write a letter on my iMac then print

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.