Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why don’t I have FaceTime filters

i updated my I phone 6s to iOS 12 (the latest one) but I don’t have filters in facetike like eveveryone else does pls help

Posted on Sep 19, 2018 1:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2018 2:35 PM

Hi ​chloebeeaarr,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're looking for the ability to use the Memoji feature during a FaceTime video call on your iPhone 6s. I can see why you'd reach out for assistance with this; I'm happy to provide some information. An iPhone X or later is required in order to create and use Memoji features; you can see more information about Memoji and FaceTime here: Use Memoji on your iPhone X or later

If I've misunderstood and you're referring to a different feature, could you provide a few more details about the filters you're wanting to use?

Best Regards.
18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2018 2:35 PM in response to chloebeeaarr

Hi ​chloebeeaarr,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're looking for the ability to use the Memoji feature during a FaceTime video call on your iPhone 6s. I can see why you'd reach out for assistance with this; I'm happy to provide some information. An iPhone X or later is required in order to create and use Memoji features; you can see more information about Memoji and FaceTime here: Use Memoji on your iPhone X or later

If I've misunderstood and you're referring to a different feature, could you provide a few more details about the filters you're wanting to use?

Best Regards.

Sep 20, 2018 7:50 PM in response to chloebeeaarr

Hi ​chloebeeaarr,

Thank you for clarifying. You are able use camera effects in Messages with your iPhone 6s, as shown in "Add camera effects to a photo or video" here: ​ Send photos, videos, and audio messages on iPhone , however, adding camera effects in FaceTime calls requires an iPhone 7 or later; check out details about using camera effects with FaceTime here: Add camera effects in FaceTime calls on iPhone

​Best Regards.

Nov 17, 2018 1:00 AM in response to chloebeeaarr

sadly u cant & it hurts a lot but u cant do anything about it unless they add another update but i think it’s unfair to the people that has an iphone 6s & below that do not have effects on facetime. i mean on ios 12 it had effects but updating to ios 12.1 they removed it & i don’t understand why. i only updated my phone to ios 12.1 because my group facetime didn’t work till now but they just had to remove the effects. everyone in my family has an iphone 7 & up & im the only one with an iphone 6s. they would put filters & i cant so apple please add the effects on iphone 6s because if i can add effects on pictures on imessage then i can have effects on facetime. i’m sorry for being really desperate but i really want some effects & it looks cool.

Why don’t I have FaceTime filters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.