Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stocks app not loading in iOS 12

The Stocks app is not longer working since I updated my devices to iOS 12. When I open the app on my iPhone and iPad it freezes on a screen that says

Stocks Unavailable

Please try again later

the App worked fine on my iPhone in all previous versions of iOS. Any suggestions great appreciated.

Posted on Sep 19, 2018 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2018 9:13 PM

I reported this to Apple a week ago and I have had several conversations with one of their engineers. He took some logs off of my phone and they are working on it. No telling how long it will be before they get it fixed. They seem to have no idea what’s causing it.

37 replies

Oct 23, 2018 10:02 AM in response to jimmyfromARK

I have an iPhone SE and the Stocks app works fine but the majority of my other apps do NOT work after the 12.0.1 update. The App Store itself doesn't even work properly now. The apps that don't work will open, but not completely, and then just go back to the home screen. I.e. Facebook does not work but LinkdedIn and Facebook Messenger does work. Even for the apps that don't work, I am still getting push notifications. Any idea when a fix is coming?

Nov 15, 2018 2:40 AM in response to MYager1

The stock app on iOS 12 is just a mess.

• Stocks are not updating regularly as they should (they update somehow when the app/iphone wants).

• News from stocks come (here in Europe) straight from the yahoo europe site, which are useless, when invested on nasdaq. (Stock investing is in europe very unpopular). Apple changed the yahoo souce in ios 9 or 10...

• Apple should really fix the stock app (its the new calculator app with lots of bugs)

• Apple should make a user preference to switch to the yahoo financial news source user wants.

• no landscape anymore, why???

• overlying/slide out "general news" on the bottom of the display, why??? I want to get rid of this!

In the meantime I stopped totally using apples on board stock app and use yahoo finance app, which just works the way apple should from an information standpoint.

thanks Apple.

Nov 29, 2018 9:50 AM in response to Rob Rocket

Indeed, Rob, this has been my experience too. iPhone8, maybe 6 months old, plenty of free RAM, latest iOS, and I wish there were an option to use the OLD Stocks app - it was simple but it worked a whole lot better.

The main problem is the updating in my case. Some stocks do; some do but not until you open the app a 2nd time; and one just gets stuck on previous (cached?) prices - it's been over an hour, and trading hasn't been halted or anything - and the time and price don't even match consistently.
I've tried deleting and reinstalling the program, deleting and reinstalling the particular stock (srpt) but this un-Apple-like behavior continues.
They'll probably blame Yahoo, which *is* having troubles today, but StockTwits has the right price every time,. within a second. I'm looking for an alternate Stock-watching app. I don't need Apple's curated stock news either, why trust THAT? - and to see your portfolio full screen, without the ticker or news tab isn't even possible now (in the old app, it was the default, which was, of course, better.)

What would be great would be if Apple offered a Bloomberg option.

Nov 29, 2018 9:52 AM in response to tommymandel

I just realized that on my MacBook Pro, 10.12.6, the Stocks Widget is ALSO stuck on that stock. Again, the stock quote displays fine on the Yahoo Finance page, and on the StockTwits app, so it's looking more and more like an Apple problem (or Apple/Yahoo disconnect.)

Overall, I'd still prefer the simplicity and immediacy of the OLD Apple Stocks app.

Stocks app not loading in iOS 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.