Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod repeatedly dropping connection to internet

I’ve had HomePod for the last 6 months or so. For approx that last month, it’s been dropping connection to the internet. (It sits about 10 feet from router and is unobstructed) This occurs with varying degrees of frequency. It can occur multiple times while watching a show or listening to music. Or it might go a whole evening and be just fine. The only way I can get it to find the signal again is to unplug it and then plug it back in. Is anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions?

iPhone 5s, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Sep 19, 2018 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2018 6:15 AM

Greetings highDtenor,

It looks like you occasionally have issues with your HomePod dropping off your Wi-Fi network. I’ll be happy to help.

I recommend checking out this article: If HomePod isn't responding

Since you’ve already restarted it, and it does connect, but drops, I recommend that you reset the HomePod by removing it from the Home app and setting it back up.

Remove HomePod from the Home app

Reset HomePod by removing it from the Home app, then set it up again. Open the Home app on your iOS device or Mac that's signed in with the Apple ID used to set up HomePod. On your iOS device, press and hold HomePod. On your Mac, double-click it. Tap or click Settings, then scroll to the bottom and tap or click Remove Accessory.

Also, while updating isn’t necessarily a fix, I do recommend making sure you’re on the most recent software version. You can find out how to do that here: Update HomePod

Reply back if you run into any issues.

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2018 6:15 AM in response to highDtenor

Greetings highDtenor,

It looks like you occasionally have issues with your HomePod dropping off your Wi-Fi network. I’ll be happy to help.

I recommend checking out this article: If HomePod isn't responding

Since you’ve already restarted it, and it does connect, but drops, I recommend that you reset the HomePod by removing it from the Home app and setting it back up.

Remove HomePod from the Home app

Reset HomePod by removing it from the Home app, then set it up again. Open the Home app on your iOS device or Mac that's signed in with the Apple ID used to set up HomePod. On your iOS device, press and hold HomePod. On your Mac, double-click it. Tap or click Settings, then scroll to the bottom and tap or click Remove Accessory.

Also, while updating isn’t necessarily a fix, I do recommend making sure you’re on the most recent software version. You can find out how to do that here: Update HomePod

Reply back if you run into any issues.

Take care!

Sep 23, 2018 6:18 AM in response to MoonJ.

Thanks for the help! I followed the process for removing and setting up my HomePod again. It then got a software update. Within an hour of completing, it started dropping the connection again. However, I suspect it is an AT&T Uverse issue since I noticed my Apple TV was glitchy around the same time. I’m changing internet providers soon. Hopefully, that will solve the problem.

HomePod repeatedly dropping connection to internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.