Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 12 not working with Blogger

I recently updated to Safari 12 and have encountered a similar problem to the one outlined in this old post, that is the login to Blogger is not working correctly. Specifically, even though I am logged in, the page displayed indicates that I am not. Click 'Sign In' and it goes directly to the Blogger dashboard for my blog (no need to enter password). I am unable to post comments as it does not seem to recognise that I am logged in, so nothing happens.

- I initially tried re-starting, but no success.

- I tried the solution outlined in this post. It worked in that Blogger behaved normally while in Recovery, but when I restarted the problem was there again. Logging out of Blogger and logging in again did not fix the problem.

- There is no such problem with Firefox.

There is obviously some something incompatible that loads when Safari is run normally. I do not have any extensions installed, so that is not the cause.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

James

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Sep 19, 2018 11:06 PM

Similar questions

15 replies

Sep 20, 2018 7:58 AM in response to JSAF

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account

Safe Mode - About

Safe Mode Startup – El Capitan. also Sierra

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Sep 20, 2018 10:48 PM in response to Eric Root

Eric,

Thanks for replying.

If you scroll up to my original posting on 20/9 you'll see that I tried recovery mode (as outlined by Linc Davis in response to the version of this problem back in 2012, Safari stopped working with Blogger). Everything worked as expected/it should for me in that mode. It is also fine if I try with Firefox. I think that rules out a problem with the account?

It seems to me that it must be caused by some new add-in that has come with Safari 12. I do not have any extension installed.

I tried again just now.

Same problem in that the login status at the top right of the screen indicates that I am not logged in when I am. I clicked on a link to another blog from my blog. I then attempted to record a comment on that blog. At the bottom of the comments box it indicates your account name or options to log-in if you are not logged in. This was indicating that I was not logged in. I clicked to submit the comment. Ordinarily if logged in it goes. If not logged in it gives you the log-in screen. In this case nothing happened. Console records the following error:

[Error] The source list for Content Security Policy directive 'script-src' contains an invalid source: ''strict-dynamic''. It will be ignored.

It does not seem to really be ignoring it...!

James

Sep 20, 2018 4:30 AM in response to JSAF

Exactly the same issues.

Emptied cache, history, deleted cookies, rebooted machine. Problem solved for about 10 minutes then returned.

Is there any alternative but restoring from Time Manager to a point pre-18th September to get to Safari 11.1.2? Would prefer not to do that - been busy and there are a lot of files that would need saving somewhere else and replacing.

Do folk who know far more about this than I ever could think Apple will release a fix for this?

Sep 20, 2018 12:20 PM in response to Eric Root

@EricRoot. Many thanks for taking the time for your reply.

I took the 'simple' (to me) route of locating and copying off every file added/changed since Safari upgrade, and using Time Manager to restore entire system back to a point before that. And yes, did a full additional backup of all data first 🙂

Just finished checking all files and folders are where I want them, Safari is back to 11.1.2 and so far everything I've checked is working fine.

Thanks for offering a different solution

Nov 5, 2018 4:42 PM in response to JSAF

I went a bit early posting this.

Problem remains with Safari 12.0.1. Workaround of unchecking 'prevent cross-site tracking' still works (I thought that I had re-selected this option, hence my previous, optimistic post, but the selection had not 'stuck').

Ah well,

James

Safari 12 not working with Blogger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.