Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone xr in the netherlands

can I use an iphone xr bought in the USA in the netherlands??? If I need to do something to do this I would like to know how to do it.

Posted on Sep 20, 2018 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2018 6:48 AM

At iPhone Xr launch, Apple is not offering an unlocked version of that phone. You need to wait until a fully unlocked version is available. And please note that iPhone warranty is NOT international. Should anything go wrong with a phone you buy in the US in the Netherlands, the phone will have to be physically returned to the US for service. It can't be shipped and Apple won't ship it back.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2018 6:48 AM in response to yadavsewon

At iPhone Xr launch, Apple is not offering an unlocked version of that phone. You need to wait until a fully unlocked version is available. And please note that iPhone warranty is NOT international. Should anything go wrong with a phone you buy in the US in the Netherlands, the phone will have to be physically returned to the US for service. It can't be shipped and Apple won't ship it back.

Sep 20, 2018 7:38 AM in response to yadavsewon

You're welcome. I encourage to think about this.

The most often stated reason for buying a phone in the US is cost savings. That's nice until you take into consideration that if you suffer any breakage or issue with the phone, you can't get support where you live. You have to bring the phone back to the US, or ship it to someone you know in the US for them to take it to Apple for support. That costs money and time eating away at the initial cost savings.

Point two. Daily people come here to the forums because they bought a phone in one country, only to learn it's not compatible with the service providers in their home country. They in essence bought an unusable device and often they're past the return date where they did purchase it. And they have to figure out how to get the phone back to the country of purchase if they are within the return window. Again, costing them time and money.

iPhone xr in the netherlands

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.