Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unwanted Popups and Missing Safari Preferences

Getting lots of popups on Safari on my iMac. MacOS High Sierra, Version 10.13.6 (17G65). Safari Version 12.0 (13606.2.11). Went to Safari> Preferences> Security. There are only Fraudulent Sites and Web Content selections with no options to block pop-ups. My only Safari Extension is Norton Safe Web 2.11.0.30. Am at a loss on how to block the popups. Is the lack of a setting for same in the Safari Preferences caused by Norton?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Sep 20, 2018 8:01 AM

3 replies

Sep 20, 2018 1:24 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for the reply Eric. Had tried this prior to the post. After looking at it some more, it seems to be associated with Fox News the first time it is pulled up, giving me a very large ad...just now for Audi. Bit strange that. In addition, In Safari Preferences Security, there is no disable pop up choices. See below. Was this eliminated in a recent OS update? Maybe it's a feature?

User uploaded file

Unwanted Popups and Missing Safari Preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.