Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I phone 8 plus battery just all of a sudden started draining out of control!!

My iPhone 8 Plus had been running on iOS 11 since I got it. Mainly because of all the talk of 11.x and up killing the battery so fast. And my phone was having no issues on 11. Until 3 days ago I left for work fully charged and by noon I was at 10%. Super fast. Not knowing why or how. I already do all the iPhone life hacks for longer battery life. So my wife talked me into updating. So I did and it updated my phone to iOS 12 and still no better. With so many 8 plus phones w the same issues it seems to me that this is more than an iOS issue

Posted on Sep 20, 2018 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2018 12:38 AM

Hi Chris_g1,

I just wanted to post back to you and apologize for thinking you in some way apple and giving me advice. I also wanted to let you know I figured out what was wrong w my phone. Siri search suggestions and Siri itself was killing my battery. And doing it all while my phone was closed. Everytime I got a notification Siri was doing something in the background so I turned Siri off all together and every app that was in siri suggestion. And ever since then my phone is back to old battery lasting self. Thanks for the help

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2018 12:38 AM in response to chris_g1

Hi Chris_g1,

I just wanted to post back to you and apologize for thinking you in some way apple and giving me advice. I also wanted to let you know I figured out what was wrong w my phone. Siri search suggestions and Siri itself was killing my battery. And doing it all while my phone was closed. Everytime I got a notification Siri was doing something in the background so I turned Siri off all together and every app that was in siri suggestion. And ever since then my phone is back to old battery lasting self. Thanks for the help

Sep 21, 2018 8:47 AM in response to anthonybb78

Hello anthonybb78,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems you are experiencing issues with battery life on your iPhone. To help resolve this issue, please follow steps from these resources, like optimizing settings and checking battery usage. Then restart your iPhone as iOS clears cached data and does other system optimizations when you turn your device off and on. If these steps don't help with battery life after a day or two, please contact Apple for further help with your situation.

iPhone Battery and Performance
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Contact Apple Support

Cheers!

Sep 26, 2018 1:48 AM in response to chris_g1

Chris_g1,

I thank you for responding to my issue as I stated I’ve done everything to try to change my issue. What I don’t get is that I had no problems w iOS 11 and my phone never had an issue w the battery. And then one day out of the blue my phone went from lasting all day streaming music to my Bluetooth speaker while I was working and be at 50-60% when I got off work at 9-10pm. Now I can’t stream music at all. And my phone dies by 2pm. And that is without using it at all. On iOS 11. I made the mistake of updating to iOS 12. Now it dies even faster. I have been an iPhone fan and have had one since the first iPhone came out. But I believe something shady is going on. If not then you guys are way over your heads in the phone manufacturing business. I hope you guys come out with an update to fix my phone battery life because this is bull..... not only that but my phone isn’t even a year old and my max battery life is only 87% now. How is that possible?

Once again thank you for responding.

I phone 8 plus battery just all of a sudden started draining out of control!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.