Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Swedish subtitles not working anymore after update to tvOS 12.0. Any workaround?

Swedish subtitles not working anymore after update to tvOS 12.0. Any workaround or solution? The subtitles appear only on the first seconds of movies and series. after that they become small(reduced font) and completely disappear.

Apple TV 4K, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 20, 2018 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2018 12:51 AM

There’s a bug in timestamp handling on system level in both iOS 12 and tvOS 12 that causes this issue. I know C More in Finland is still trying to find a workaround, probably it's the same for Sweden.

Netflix uses another method for loading subtitle data, or has already come up with a way to handle the bug.

As far as I know, Apple is aware of the bug.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2018 12:51 AM in response to rafaelfromuppsala

There’s a bug in timestamp handling on system level in both iOS 12 and tvOS 12 that causes this issue. I know C More in Finland is still trying to find a workaround, probably it's the same for Sweden.

Netflix uses another method for loading subtitle data, or has already come up with a way to handle the bug.

As far as I know, Apple is aware of the bug.

Sep 20, 2018 12:55 PM in response to Urquhart1244

It seems to be exclusive to CMORE with any language. Found it first with Swedish. Netflix works fine.

It used to work with the previous OS v11. It stopped today after the update to Os v12.

When I disable the subtitles and enable again it works for a few seconds and the original problem is back that the subtitles disappear.

I tried to update the CMORE app but it didn’t help to fix the issue.

Swedish subtitles not working anymore after update to tvOS 12.0. Any workaround?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.