Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder Unexpectedly Quit while reopening windows

I posted this in Safari a few days ago and have gotten no response but I imagine the traffic is far less there than here and not sure how to delete so not to have dual posts.

Sometimes when surfing the internet, I drag website pages into a folder on my desktop so I can get to them quickly. Just recently, when I open the folder and single click on a Safari file, all of my desktop hard drives and files disappear and immediately reappear again. After a couple times of trying this, I get a pop up window which reads, "The last time you opened Finder, it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?" Also, when I try to click on the file to "Get Info" (Command & I), the same thing happens. This only happens with Safari web files.

I booted in Safe Mode, and I get the same thing. I trashed com.apple.safari.plist and this doesn't help either.

I'm running Sierra 10.12.6., Safari 12.0

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mac Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Sep 20, 2018 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

4 replies

Finder Unexpectedly Quit while reopening windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.