Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set up an @me.com in outlook

Hi , I an trying to add an @me.com account into Outlook 365.

Posted on Sep 21, 2018 1:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2018 4:56 PM

Hi ​deepo,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you'd like to know how to add your iCloud (@me.com) email address to Outlook on your Mac. I know it's important to have your accounts where you'd like them to be set up; I'd like to help. You'll want to use the mail server settings below to set this account up with Outlook:

Mail server settings

Refer to your email app's documentation for information about how to use these settings. iCloud Mail uses the IMAP and SMTP standards supported by most modern email apps. iCloud does not support POP. If you set up an account using iCloud System Preferences or macOS Mail in 10.7.4 or later, you won't see these settings because they're automatically configured.

IMAP information for the incoming mail server

• Server name: imap.mail.me.com
  • SSL Required: Yes
    If you see an error message when using SSL, try using TLS instead.
  • Port: 993
  • Username: This is usually the name part of your iCloud email address (for example, emilyparker, not emilyparker@icloud.com). If your email client can't connect to iCloud using just the name part of your iCloud email address, try using the full address.
  • Password: Generate an app-specific password.

SMTP information for the outgoing mail server

• Server name: smtp.mail.me.com
    If you see an error message when using SSL, try using TLS or STARTTLS instead.
  • Port: 587
  • SMTP Authentication Required: Yes
  • Username: Your full iCloud email address (for example, emilyparker@icloud.com, not emilyparker)
  • Password: Use the app-specific password that you generated when you set up the incoming mail server.

* You only need to use an app-specific password if you’re manually setting up mail with your iCloud account in Windows, if you use Mac OS X Mail (10.7.4 and earlier), or if you use any other third-party mail client.

Mail server settings for iCloud email clients

Since Outlook is a third-party mail client, you'll need to have two factor authentication set up for your Apple ID in order to generate the app-specific password mentioned above: ​ Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

Best Regards.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2018 4:56 PM in response to deepo

Hi ​deepo,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you'd like to know how to add your iCloud (@me.com) email address to Outlook on your Mac. I know it's important to have your accounts where you'd like them to be set up; I'd like to help. You'll want to use the mail server settings below to set this account up with Outlook:

Mail server settings

Refer to your email app's documentation for information about how to use these settings. iCloud Mail uses the IMAP and SMTP standards supported by most modern email apps. iCloud does not support POP. If you set up an account using iCloud System Preferences or macOS Mail in 10.7.4 or later, you won't see these settings because they're automatically configured.

IMAP information for the incoming mail server

• Server name: imap.mail.me.com
    If you see an error message when using SSL, try using TLS instead.
  • Port: 993
  • Username: This is usually the name part of your iCloud email address (for example, emilyparker, not emilyparker@icloud.com). If your email client can't connect to iCloud using just the name part of your iCloud email address, try using the full address.
  • Password: Generate an app-specific password.

SMTP information for the outgoing mail server

• Server name: smtp.mail.me.com
    If you see an error message when using SSL, try using TLS or STARTTLS instead.
  • Port: 587
  • SMTP Authentication Required: Yes
  • Username: Your full iCloud email address (for example, emilyparker@icloud.com, not emilyparker)
  • Password: Use the app-specific password that you generated when you set up the incoming mail server.

* You only need to use an app-specific password if you’re manually setting up mail with your iCloud account in Windows, if you use Mac OS X Mail (10.7.4 and earlier), or if you use any other third-party mail client.

Mail server settings for iCloud email clients

Since Outlook is a third-party mail client, you'll need to have two factor authentication set up for your Apple ID in order to generate the app-specific password mentioned above: ​ Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

Best Regards.

Sep 24, 2018 8:41 AM in response to deepo

Hi ​deepo,

Thank you for clarifying that you're using a PC. The steps below will show you how to use your iCloud email with Outlook on your PC:

Set up iCloud Mail on your Windows computer with Outlook

1. Open iCloud for Windows.

2. Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks.

3. Click Apply.

Your iCloud Mail account is listed in the folder list (also called the navigation pane) on the left side of Microsoft Outlook. To view your iCloud Mail folders in Outlook, click the disclosure triangle to the left of your iCloud email account.

Access iCloud Mail on your Windows computer without Outlook

If Microsoft Outlook is not installed, the Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks option doesn’t appear in iCloud for Windows. Use your web browser to access Mail on iCloud.com.

iCloud: Set up iCloud Mail on your devices

If you have any trouble getting set up, check out this resource: Get help using Outlook with iCloud for Windows

Best Regards.

How do I set up an @me.com in outlook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.