Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help installing Bootcamp.

I have a Mid 2012 non-retina MacBook Pro which is running High Sierra. I have switch out the DVD with another SSD and tried to install Windows 10 Pro on it, but I get stuck at partition part of the Windows.

I did try another method where I format it to FAT32, and used the terminal to convert it to GPT and installed using the Windows 10 installation which actually installed, but when I go to boot it up, it says error igdkmd64 sys.

Another thing I trying different USB ports as well as using USB 2.0 and 3.0 thumb sticks, but nothing seems to work.

Posted on Sep 21, 2018 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2018 10:45 AM

I finally got it to work. While I now have two SSD because I replace the DVD drive with another SSD, the SSD in the DVD drive doesn't like to be boot up from.

When I tried to install Windows on the SSD that was on the DVD side, I got errors and when I put Mac OS on that side, my computer won't boot up again.

What I did is I split my main SSD to boot both Mac and Windows and have the DVD side SSD split just for more storage. That seem to make it work.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2018 10:45 AM in response to An1me_0taku

I finally got it to work. While I now have two SSD because I replace the DVD drive with another SSD, the SSD in the DVD drive doesn't like to be boot up from.

When I tried to install Windows on the SSD that was on the DVD side, I got errors and when I put Mac OS on that side, my computer won't boot up again.

What I did is I split my main SSD to boot both Mac and Windows and have the DVD side SSD split just for more storage. That seem to make it work.

Need help installing Bootcamp.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.