Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes on iMac does not recognize IOS 12 on my iPhone and asks for IOS 11.4 or higher

itunes on imac does not recognize IOS 12 on my iphone and asks for IOS 11.4 or higher

[Re-Titled by Host]

iMac, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 21, 2018 6:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2018 6:37 AM

Hello bernardfromyardley,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that your iPhone is no longer recognized by iTunes after recently updating to iOS 12. You've come to the right place! The steps in the link below can help with this issue:

If iTunes 12.8 on a Mac with macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 installed doesn't recognize a device using iOS 12

Let us know the results. Please include any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a wonderful day!
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2018 6:37 AM in response to bernardfromyardley

Hello bernardfromyardley,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that your iPhone is no longer recognized by iTunes after recently updating to iOS 12. You've come to the right place! The steps in the link below can help with this issue:

If iTunes 12.8 on a Mac with macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 installed doesn't recognize a device using iOS 12

Let us know the results. Please include any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a wonderful day!

iTunes on iMac does not recognize IOS 12 on my iPhone and asks for IOS 11.4 or higher

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.