Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS: Buying Model A2097 (Global) in US

HI!

I'm travelling to US next month and I was very exited to buy the new XS.
But I see that the "american" Model will not work properly in my country....

Do you know if theres any possibility to buy the iPhone XS Model A2097 in the US?
Thanks!

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 22, 2018 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2018 7:32 AM

That's fine and entirely up to you. Please be advised that if you purchase an iPhone in the US, iPhone warranty is NOT international. Should you experience any issue requiring service, the phone will HAVE to be physically returned to the US. Apple doesn't accept international shipment, so that would mean you have bring it to the US or ship to someone you know in the US and they can take it to Apple for you. Apple won't ship it back to you either, so your friend will have to take care of that as well.

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2018 7:32 AM in response to Sonoman71

That's fine and entirely up to you. Please be advised that if you purchase an iPhone in the US, iPhone warranty is NOT international. Should you experience any issue requiring service, the phone will HAVE to be physically returned to the US. Apple doesn't accept international shipment, so that would mean you have bring it to the US or ship to someone you know in the US and they can take it to Apple for you. Apple won't ship it back to you either, so your friend will have to take care of that as well.

Sep 22, 2018 7:50 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Thanks for the info. I'm very awre of it as I've bought ALL my iPhone's (and the family ones.... it makes... 10?). for many years now, in the US.

And although therés no international warranty, therés official service here now. Although never ever had to make use of any service.. (well .. just two broken screens...).

Thnks for your time to make a answer!

Cheers!

Sep 23, 2018 4:27 PM in response to maríafromzsdef

The answers make perfect sense. Apple introduced dual sim iPhones for the 2018 model phones. In most countries, one sim is your standard micro-sim, the other is eSim for precisely what you're describing (people who travel around the world and will need to use another carrier while traveling. In China, they will be dual physical sim. The people who are asking this question, DO NOT live in the US, but will be traveling here and they want to buy the model for the their country at a discount in the US. The model they want isn't available here. It's available where they live.

Sep 23, 2018 6:48 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Does this bothers you? I feel a nasty uncomfortable attitude in your post.. it was just a question. I do travel a lot, y could but it in Europe o NZ soon... But I do travel to the states too...

And even the eSim will not make your phone work well overseas....

If my question bothers you, please, spend your time in something more useful... Or spend it here .... I don't mind. Be my guest!

I could buy the phone at any price o buy two... It is just that I really don't like to buy it here at twice it price.

Cheers!

Sep 23, 2018 7:16 PM in response to Sonoman71

I'm glad you're getting the phone you want. But it wasn't purchased in the US and if anything goes wrong with it, it will have to be returned to NZ for service. I guess a vacation in NZ while your phone is being repaired should it need to be repaired could be fun!

Remember that iPhone does not come with international warranty.

I hope the phone works well for your needs.

Sep 23, 2018 7:29 PM in response to Sonoman71

Nice to see you have plenty of time to spend it with me in my post!

Indeed you are right.

But I will still have mi trusty iPhone 7 for spare... And I have a friend that he or his family travel there and back two or three times a year...

On the other and, a ticket to NZ costs me exactly the same money than a ticket to US ... And it only a couple of hours more of flight ... And NZ is nice!

I won't hesitate to go there on vacation in the event of a problem.

Again, thanks for you time!

Best.

iPhone XS: Buying Model A2097 (Global) in US

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.