Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to manage multiple HomePods to play the same music at the same time

I have 8 HomePods. If I select “play” on any one of these from the HOME app, it plays something. I’m not sure where it’s pulling this something from or how to manage this. And, every HomePod seems to have its own unique memory of what it thinks I want it to play. Is there a way to synchronize these guys to play the same thing? What if I ask Siri to play something...how can I get this to play across all my HomePods? How are these relationships and settings managed?

HomePod, iOS 12, Siri

Posted on Sep 22, 2018 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2018 10:16 AM

You have several options: either launch music on one HomePod and then ask Siri to "Also play on every speakers", or use your iPhone Control Center — by swiping down at the top-right corner of your screen on iPhone X and over, swiping up at the bottom of the screen on older gens — and 3D Touch on the Playback controller to set the audio output to every single HomePod you have got.

I think the latter is a bit more of a headache when you have a certain amount of them. Siri does the job very well, and can even handle dispatching the audio to be played in specific rooms, assuming you have set them in your iPhone Home app beforehand.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2018 10:16 AM in response to DLMartin

You have several options: either launch music on one HomePod and then ask Siri to "Also play on every speakers", or use your iPhone Control Center — by swiping down at the top-right corner of your screen on iPhone X and over, swiping up at the bottom of the screen on older gens — and 3D Touch on the Playback controller to set the audio output to every single HomePod you have got.

I think the latter is a bit more of a headache when you have a certain amount of them. Siri does the job very well, and can even handle dispatching the audio to be played in specific rooms, assuming you have set them in your iPhone Home app beforehand.

How to manage multiple HomePods to play the same music at the same time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.