Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Make a partition 500 GB Solid State SATA Drive.

Hi there.

I want to make a partition in my Mac mini of 50Gb.

I'm going to follow this instructions:

1. Choose View > Show All Devices.
  2. Select an existing APFS volume in the sidebar, then click the Add Volume button User uploaded file.
  3. Enter a name for the new APFS volume.
  4. Click the Format pop-up menu, then choose a format.
    • APFS: Uses the Apple File System format, recommended for volumes using macOS High Sierra.
    • APFS (Encrypted): Uses the Apple File System format and encrypts the partition.
    • APFS (Case-sensitive): Uses the Apple File System format and is case-sensitive to file and folder names. For example, folders named “Homework” and “HOMEWORK” are two different folders.
    • APFS (Case-sensitive, Encrypted): Uses the Apple File System format, is case-sensitive to file and folder names, and encrypts the partition. For example, folders named “Homework” and “HOMEWORK” are two different folders.
  5. If you want to manually manage APFS volume allocation, click Size Options and enter values in the fields:
    • Reserve Size: The optional reserve size ensures that the amount of storage will remain available for this volume.
    • Quota Size: The optional quota size limits how much storage the volume can allocate.
    When you’re done, click OK.
  6. Click Add.

Now, the part I don't understand is point 5. What should I put in Reserve Size and Quite Size. To leave untouched the remain 550GB SSD Drive.

Thank You.

Mac mini, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), 500 GB Solid State SATA Drive

Posted on Sep 22, 2018 12:37 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Make a partition 500 GB Solid State SATA Drive.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.