Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover music I downloaded to old PC

I have an old PC that I previously downloaded songs to from CDs that I owned. These are not purchased songs. They are synced to an old iPhone 4. Now I have a new laptop and new iPhone. I can’t remember the Apple ID password for the old computer so can’t seem to get the music off the old computer to my new laptop. I already accidentally overwrote my iPod Shuffle by trying to sync it.

How can I best recover the downloaded songs from the iTunes account on my old computer? I still have the same Apple ID but I reset the password years ago. I since have added another phone and a tablet under the Apple ID with the new password. I’m afraid that if I use “forgot my password” on the old PC to get my songs off, that it will wreak havoc on the rest of my Apple devices.

I’m looking for suggestions. I just want to get the 200+songs from my old computer on my new phone.

Posted on Sep 22, 2018 11:03 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 22, 2018 11:41 PM in response to kathrynfromchandler

If they are songs copied from CDs they won't be linked to an iTunes account (unless you had subscribed, and still subscribe, to iTunes Match on an account and uploaded them to it).

If they are iTunes purchased music and if you can't remember the password to that account you will have to reset the password and then do : What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Sep 23, 2018 12:21 AM in response to King_Penguin

Thank you. I managed to get the old PC up and running. I can see the songs and May have successfully synced them back into the shuffle they were on before. I’m hoping I can get the songs synced to one of my two phones next.

im going to see if I can put figure out a way to export the songs and then reimport them. Or turn on home sharing. Wouldn’t that work?

Recover music I downloaded to old PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.