Related Article

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Question:

Question: Remove old devices from screen time

I seem to have about 3 devices listed as ’iPhone’ when I select devices in IOS 12 ‘Screen Time’ How do I remove them from the list as the other devices listed are actual device, but those 3 are blank and not in use. Thanks.

iPhone Xs Max, iOS 12

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Oct 3, 2018 12:06 PM in response to 24hrs In response to 24hrs

Have the same issue, an old device in my Screen Time Devices list. The old device was removed from my Apple ID and does not show in my Apple ID iCloud Account, but does show in Screen Time devices list. Also, the name of my new iPhone displays incorrectly in said device list.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Oct 1, 2018 3:42 AM in response to Cowboy1629 In response to Cowboy1629

I spoke to a senior technician in Apple Support, he basically said as the feature is new it has teething problems and will hopefully be addressed in the future. He has logged a support/fault report to the iOS team maybe for a future fix.

Oct 1, 2018 3:42 AM

Reply Helpful (7)

Oct 3, 2018 12:06 PM in response to 24hrs In response to 24hrs

Have the same issue, an old device in my Screen Time Devices list. The old device was removed from my Apple ID and does not show in my Apple ID iCloud Account, but does show in Screen Time devices list. Also, the name of my new iPhone displays incorrectly in said device list.

Oct 3, 2018 12:06 PM

Reply Helpful (7)

Oct 30, 2018 2:30 PM in response to sergiyr In response to sergiyr

Well that is frustrating. I’ve had Screen Time turned off for the last few weeks because not only could I not remove old devices but it would reset every 3 days. In its current form it is completely useless for me. I spoke with Apple support several weeks back about not being able to remove old devices and he added me to a case number tracking the issue. Looks like we have to wait for 12.2. :(

Oct 30, 2018 2:30 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 8, 2018 11:50 PM in response to carlos from FL In response to carlos from FL

Same issue here, my old phone shows up my list with no data. I gave this phone to my wife and it shows up with her device name, she is part of my Apple iCloud family. Sounds like this feature is very buggy, hopefully fix coming soon.

Dec 8, 2018 11:50 PM

Reply Helpful

Jan 28, 2019 7:09 PM in response to 24hrs In response to 24hrs

On my daughter's account, post migration to a new phone, not only is there a ghost device (prior phone) but Screen Time controls are not working despite setting "Share Across Devices". I think the ghost device is causing problems for Family Share remote control Screen Time. Hope 10.2 has a fix! (the device was wiped, it's removed from her iCloud and iTunes device lists.)

Jan 28, 2019 7:09 PM

Reply Helpful

Jan 28, 2019 7:31 PM in response to jfaughnan In response to jfaughnan

... My theory on this bug (ghost device blocking screen time for real device) is that Remote Screen Time is built on Family Sharing, and there's a 10 device limit for family sharing. My family is at that 10 device limit, the ghost device pushes our count to 11.

Jan 28, 2019 7:31 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: 24hrs

Question: Remove old devices from screen time