Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

eye dropper not working white balance final cut pro x

I am working with a 2K resolution raw file in Final Cut Pro X v10.4.3

Macbook Pro mid-2014 with i7 Processor, 16GB Ram, and NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

I am attempting to manually white balance a clip. The clips have all been imported and rendering is complete. I move the eye dropper tool to the area to white balance and nothing happens. The tool will move around but clicking has no effect.

I thought perhaps the raw clip file size was the problem and let everything analyze and render over night.

Thanks,

Loyd.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), 16gb memory i7 processor

Posted on Sep 23, 2018 3:58 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Sep 23, 2018 5:38 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

The eyedropper doesn't appear at all on when Automatic is on, in the effect or in the viewer. I have a couple of years newer MBP, and it still takes a couple of seconds to make a white balance selection appear on RAW files like RED and PRRAW. Of course if the image is correctly white balanced the algorithm will have no affect, or barely perceptible impact.

Sep 23, 2018 12:47 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

I went ahead and started a new project and dropped the clip into that project. I was able to adjust white balance with the dropper. I had previously dropped 6 clips into the timeline and let system analyze, & stabilize all at once. Even though I left it running overnight it must have gotten hung up somewhere in the processing...

Problem appears to be resolved. Glad I had not started too many edits.

eye dropper not working white balance final cut pro x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.