Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidental Gift Card Purchase

A friend of mine (not an apple user) bought me a gift card 25 USD for my US iTunes account. But turns out that it is an APPLE GIFT CARD that can be only used in US Apple Stores and NOT in iTunes. I have not used the card and it is still lying in my e-mail. Please kindly advise how i can turn it into iTunes dollars or get a refund for my friend. She signed in as a guest since she does not use Apple.

URGENT HELP NEEDED!

Posted on Sep 23, 2018 4:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2018 6:14 AM

You are in the US ? If you are (you cannot use the US iTunes store if you are not in the US) you could try contacting US iTunes Support and see if they will credit your iTunes account with its value : Contact Apple Support

For a refund the person who bought it would have to try contacting the store that she bought it from.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2018 6:14 AM in response to baboye_babs

You are in the US ? If you are (you cannot use the US iTunes store if you are not in the US) you could try contacting US iTunes Support and see if they will credit your iTunes account with its value : Contact Apple Support

For a refund the person who bought it would have to try contacting the store that she bought it from.

Accidental Gift Card Purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.