Announcement: Update to iOS 12

Enjoy a faster and more responsive experience as well as fun new features, like Memoji and Camera Effects.
Get iOS 12 > https://support.apple.com/ios/update

Related Article

If you see a Cellular Update Failed or Apple Pay Not Available alert after iOS update or restart

Question:

Question: How do I fix cellular update fail

How do I fix cellular update fail?

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

reset network settings, remove SIM card restart phone

Posted on

Page content loaded

Oct 8, 2018 8:00 PM in response to aliciafromgalt In response to aliciafromgalt

The network reset only work for a couple of hours then it stopped working. I ended up having to upgrade since I was due for one anyhow. Before I do any updates I’m gonna research and see if there are any bugs that will miss up my ph

Oct 8, 2018 8:00 PM

Reply Helpful

Oct 11, 2018 3:40 PM in response to aliciafromgalt In response to aliciafromgalt

I'm having the same issue after I plugged my device into a computer in a location that has terrible cell service. I keep having to reset network, turn off the phone after reboot, remove the SIM card, reinsert it, reboot, turn off cellular, reboot, and it would come on JUST for a little bit. But it keeps going into NO SERVICE/Searching when I'm in that bad zone. When I am at home (where it has a good connection) and I perform these steps I am able to get cell service throughout the night. But once i'm in the bad zone area it goes back to that.

I have tried resetting network settings, removing SIM card, and restoring from iTunes yet (which my gut is telling me will fix the problem). I will check back once I complete this process tonight.

Would you guys suggest that I wipe the phone before restoring from iTunes? I saw an Authorized Apple Technician do this before.

Oct 11, 2018 3:40 PM

Reply Helpful

Oct 13, 2018 2:53 PM in response to abhi_t In response to abhi_t

This issue is exactly me!! I made an appointment at a Genius Bar a few weeks ago and I was told to ship the phone in. BUT my glass is cracked so the rep told me that I would have to pay to have the glass fixed ($100 or $150, don’t remember) for sure). Understood that in order to fix the phone, it has to be opened up and the cracked glass can’t be put back after that. But the crack didn’t mess up my phone. Apple put a defect in my phone and they need to fix it. Not force me to pay a glass tax to get them to repair my phone. Sooo not cool Apple!

Oct 13, 2018 2:53 PM

Reply Helpful

Oct 13, 2018 5:36 PM in response to powersaxo In response to powersaxo

Well, I had an appointment at the Genius Bar, so I drove an hour and a half just to be told by Apple after they ran some checks and reset on my phone, that it was not a software problem it is a hardware problem and they can’t/won’t fix it. This is not true Apple. My 6S was brand new four months ago , out of the box, and I had no problems with it until I updated to 12.0. The manager, if she was actually the manager, even told me she had never seen that message before. I said, “really? Because if you go on Apple support under community discussion there are quite a few people that this is happening to. “. She replied with “ no, we don’t read those because you can basically hear anything you want to hear“. APPLE THIS IS WRONG WRONG WRONG! I have to buy a new phone all because my phone software loaded 12.0 while I slept and it’s a HARDWARE problem???? This is UNETHICAL APPLE!!!!!

Oct 13, 2018 5:36 PM

Reply Helpful

Oct 14, 2018 2:44 PM in response to shandrafromchico In response to shandrafromchico

I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with 3 different reps (i had to leave and then i got cut off) and they were all very helpful, kind, friendly, and very professional. All i ended up doing was backing my phone up and then did a reset and sync. It fixed mine. I am so sorry that your experience was bad. I have a 4 year old Iphone 5s.

Oct 14, 2018 2:44 PM

Reply Helpful

Oct 14, 2018 2:53 PM in response to Lawrence Finch In response to Lawrence Finch

It was brand new out of the box and only a short warranty because the reason being Apple gave me that phone to replace the one I had that they broke while replacing the battery. (The one they broke had an expired warranty so I did not get a 1 year warranty)

Oct 14, 2018 2:53 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: aliciafromgalt

Question: How do I fix cellular update fail