Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Series 4 cellular issues

Hi All,

Got the Apple Watch Series 4 on launch day. Since launch day, I have left the my phone at home 5 times, and each and every time the cellular on the watch does not get a connection until I manually toggle the cellular off / on in the watch Control Center. Once I toggle, it establishes the connection and pretty much works as expected, make and receive call, texts, notifications, etc.

Now, the strange part it, when I am at home and testing this, I put my iPhone 7 (iOS 12) into airplane mode, and turn OFF WIFI on the watch, and when I do those two things, the cellular connects right away and I have no issues.

So, this is very strange to me. the last 2 times I left my phone at home I made sure to turn off WIFI on my watch when I left the house, but still I get no connection. 3 trips were across town, so not near any known WIFI. last 2 were walking around my neighborhood, but like I mentioned, I made sure to turn off WIFI and I am pretty far from my house, I don't think the watch could be still trying to connect to my phone.

Any ideas on what might be happening? To me the cellular should be seamless and connect when no other data sources are available.

Thanks,

Dave

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on Sep 23, 2018 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2018 8:33 PM

Have you gone to settings>general>reset>reset network settings?

4 replies

Series 4 cellular issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.