Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My music videos no longer play

I am using an iMac, running Sierra, 10.12.6. and iTunes 12.8.0.15. My music videos (purchased from iTunes) no longer play. I can hear the music, and a mini player shows up in the menu bar. The mini player can be made into a tiny player on the iMac, but the video is not playing, no motion, just the music. Muffled. Anybody know what's up?

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Sep 23, 2018 6:51 PM

2 replies

Sep 24, 2018 3:46 PM in response to hb1200

Hi there, hb1200!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having an issue playing music videos in iTunes and I’m happy to help out! You should check out this article for How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac as well as this article for How to reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac. Also, check out this article with steps for How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac to create a new user and test the issue in the new account to see if the issue is user specific or system wide.
Let me know the results and have a great day!

Sep 25, 2018 10:40 AM in response to jeremy_v

Set up a test account and the issue is "user specific". It's also "Music Video" specific in iTunes. All other video is playing normally i.e. Movies, etc. It is only the Music Videos from iTunes that is not working. Not certain that resetting the SMC Or NVRAM/Pram would have any effect, but if that's what you think might fix it let me know. Thanks, h

My music videos no longer play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.