Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac won't let me download

Basically what the title says. My Macbook air was just downloading some stuff a while ago, and today it won't work at all. I used google chrome, and I was downloading a song, and it says that the download failed to start, or something like that, so I downloaded the song from another website, still said the same thing. So I went to safari, and tried to download chrome again, and it said failed to create file. Any idea what's going on? Perhaps an unwanted pit of malicious code? Running mid 2012 Macbook air, 10.12.6 sierra. I downloaded Mac OS High sierra from the apple store yesterday, but the update failed to install; is this related or no?

MacBook Air, iOS 10.1, 10.12.6 actually

Posted on Sep 23, 2018 8:20 PM

2 replies

Sep 25, 2018 7:43 PM in response to Soppu-Chan

If the above doesn't work, try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account

Safe Mode - About

Safe Mode Startup – El Capitan. also Sierra

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Mac won't let me download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.