Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Connect Sonos Play 1 Speakers to iTunes on Computer

How do I connect Sonos Play 1 speakers to iTunes on Macbook Pro and an iMac computer?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), Memory 16 GB

Posted on Sep 23, 2018 10:22 PM

1 reply

Sep 24, 2018 10:28 AM in response to Sunsetdude

Before you begin, make sure you download the Sonos Desktop Controller App for Mac and install it on the computer that contains your music library files. Note using this method, music is played from your computer's music files so you can only play the music that is physically on your computer.

Adding your music library using a desktop controller:

1. From the “Manage” menu, select “Music Library Settings”.
  2. Click + (plus) on a Mac, or “Add” if you are using a PC.
  3. Leave “In My Music folder” selected. If your music is located outside of the My Music folder, select the appropriate option.
  4. Type in your computer's password if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete adding your music library. Depending on the size of your music library it may take up to 15 minutes to index.
  5. Repeat this process for your notebook.

Updating the music library index

Whenever you make changes to your music library, such as adding and removing tracks, creating new playlists, or adjusting album artwork, you will need to update the music index on Sonos before these changes will show up in the Sonos controller.

1. From the “Manage” menu, click “Update Music Library Now”.
  2. Click “Yes” to confirm.

Updating the music index may take several minutes to complete.

Using Apple's Music Subscription

1. On the right side of the Sonos desktop controller, click on the button labeled "Add Music Services".
  2. Click the service you wish to add from the populated list.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish adding your account.

How Connect Sonos Play 1 Speakers to iTunes on Computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.