Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 12 Books—edit titles

In earlier versions (I.e., in iBooks), book titles could be edited by clicking Select, selecting a title, then placing the vertical text insertion cursor in the title, and type or delete using the familiar text conventions. In iOS 12, a title can be selected, but text editing of titles in Books on my iPad Air is unavailable. How do I rename books in MyBooks?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 24, 2018 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2018 9:07 AM

Donald,

I believe your going to far as I found its not under edit. I select Library and then on collections I select PDF's. On that screen you will notice that on the bottom of every PDF there are three dots (...) Tab and your presented a list of things you can do. One of those being Rename... . Please try.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2018 9:07 AM in response to virtada

Donald,

I believe your going to far as I found its not under edit. I select Library and then on collections I select PDF's. On that screen you will notice that on the bottom of every PDF there are three dots (...) Tab and your presented a list of things you can do. One of those being Rename... . Please try.

Oct 12, 2018 8:50 AM in response to DonaldT

1. I have the same problem but in my case I need to edit PDF titles on my iPadPro, which has been upgraded to iOS 12.

2. When I tap on Edit in Books and then select a title which in turn becomes check-marked, as soon as I tap anywhere on the title, the checkmark disappears: no editing is possible. (In iBooks, the cursor blinked and the editing was mundanely simple.)

3. The inability to edit PDF titles in the new iOS 12 Books is particularily awkward as default PDF downloads are often dates and/or other unhelpful or unrecognizable data that are otherwise meaningless without annotation.

4. Apple should be encouraged to remedy this omission (or bug?).

iOS 12 Books—edit titles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.