Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Xs Max Speaker Issues - Mono/Stereo

I just got my Xs Max couple of days ago, and when I was playing a song through Spotify, I noticed it was only playing through one channel. The song that was playing was missing the lead guitar riff. I tried looking in Spotify settings for any mono/stereo options, but nothing. I also looked through iOS settings regards to the speakers, but nothing.

Any feedback would be great, thanks in advance!

iPhone Xs Max, iOS 12, Speakers

Posted on Sep 24, 2018 11:35 AM

279 replies

Oct 6, 2018 8:53 AM in response to jeffrocks626

Posting here won't get you anything. It's been reported that the upcoming iOS update fixes the charging issue. In the meantime, all you need to do is wake your screen BEFORE you plug it in. Of get at QI wireless charger, which doesn't have this issue at all. And to the speaker issue, you can be assured Apple is aware and working on it and this too will most assuredly be resolved with an iOS update.

To make sure Apple does hear you though, use this link to provide feedback: Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Nov 25, 2018 7:22 AM in response to PatrickBar85

PatrickBar85 wrote:

I’ve always had to close out all my apps, turn the phone off for a few seconds, turn it back on and the issue is fixed, but in an ideal world, we shouldn’t be hard resetting the phone to fix a hardware issue of a phone that’s valued on $1,100+... hope my two cents help for a limited fix.

Since this is a user to user only forum, your two cents in replying here won't help get a fix. The way to make sure Apple hears you is to provide feedback to them directly via this link: Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Otherwise, all you're doing is letting other users know you have the issue.

Oct 15, 2018 11:59 PM in response to kpejoro

Hello,

I have this issue too and it is an Apple issue, NOT a Spotify issue. This issue occurs with all apps and sounds across iOS.

To verify, perform a Left / Right Stereo Sound Test (https://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_stereo.php)

• Note that the Left Channel works properly and as expected
  • No sound comes out of the Right Channel (top front spacing speaker located in the notch area)

A reboot always resolves the issue, but the issue always returns. Apple, please issue a fix for this!

Sep 24, 2018 12:18 PM in response to kpejoro

Before you determine it's an iPhone issue. Go to iTunes and pull up a song you like as though you were going to purchase it. You have the option to play it to make sure it's the song you want to buy. If it plays normally, the issue is not with iPhone. The issue would be with Spotify. If through iTunes, the same thing happens, your phone is at fault.

Sep 30, 2018 8:04 PM in response to kpejoro

I think this is an issue. I have had my ear piece speaker stop playing sound multiple times. Restarting the phone fixes it, but it has happened to me multiple times. I see on other forums like reddit with people having the same issue. I think (and hope) its a software issue. I am not sure when or what I was doing when the ear piece stopped working, but its happened multiple times.

Sep 30, 2018 9:33 PM in response to kpejoro

I’ve had the same issue over the past week a few times. A reboot fixes it but what keeps disabling it??

Looks like a bigger issue here. noticed it tonight when going to bed and put the phone to sleep and didn’t hear the click. Tried a song....mono. Rebooted and the stereo is back and the click when putting the phone to sleep is back too.

Thank god it reboots quickly

Oct 2, 2018 6:10 AM in response to kpejoro

I have the same issue - sound is supposed to come out of the speaker on the bottom of the phone and out of the speaker in the earpiece (which plays stereo left/right). For some reason, sound stops coming out of the speaker in the earpiece. Rebooting the phone temporarily fixes it, but it re-occurs in about 24 hours. I spoke with Apple support, they had not heard of the issue and the diagnostics of my iPhone XS Max checked out ok. I ended up returning the phone and getting a new one - same exact issue.

iPhone Xs Max Speaker Issues - Mono/Stereo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.