Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave Clean Install

Well, i updated my mac for mojave just for testing, and now i want to make a clean install of it using (createinstallmedia), but i have a certain problem that i can't get the mojave.app in my applications folder, it just opens a software update window in settings, it downloads it and gets an error, and don't let me have the application again. soo....What can i do?(tried to download the store version)

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Mojave (10.14), Clean Install is not possible

Posted on Sep 24, 2018 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2018 4:41 PM

You should delete any Mojave installer media first (since it sounds like you do have some).

When you click the button in the App Store it will open System Preferences and start the download. When that finishes it will be in the Applications f

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 24, 2018 4:48 PM in response to SonicVictor650

The Terminal command for creating bootable, full installer on a USB drive is here:

How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

You'll need at least an 8 GB USB drive. First download Mojave, then run the Terminal command listed in the link for that OS. You replace the volume name at the end with the name of your USB drive. To make it easy, rename the drive to something very simple, such as z . Then paste in the command and change the end to read:

--volumes /Volume/z

Follow the prompts. It will first ask for your admin password, and then for you to type Y and hit enter to proceed. It will then format the flash drive and copy the necessary Mojave installation files.

Mojave Clean Install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.