Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot see all iphone photos on my iMac

I just went to type out an email on my iMac using the Apple Mail software and i wanted to attach some photos from the photos app on the mac. But when attempting to choose the photos i wanted to attach, i noticed that some of the photos, which i had taken on my iPhone X was not showing in photos. The strange thing is though is that some photos from my iPhone shows but not all of them. I was just wondering if i am missing something in settings?

I am using 27" iMac running macOSMojave Version 10.14. My iphone is the iPhone X running IOS 12. The iCloud settings i am using on my mac can be seen below.

Thank you for any help that is offered.

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Sep 25, 2018 2:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2018 3:59 AM

What are the preferences in Photos > iCloud? Is the option "Optimize Mac Storage" enabled in "Photos > Preferences > iCloud"? If yes, not all original image files may be stored locally on your Mac, only optimized versions for browsing. In that case view the photos you want to attach to a mail enlarged in Photos to force a download from iCloud.

Do you have enough free storage on your mac to keep the photos you need stored locally?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2018 3:59 AM in response to nea747

What are the preferences in Photos > iCloud? Is the option "Optimize Mac Storage" enabled in "Photos > Preferences > iCloud"? If yes, not all original image files may be stored locally on your Mac, only optimized versions for browsing. In that case view the photos you want to attach to a mail enlarged in Photos to force a download from iCloud.

Do you have enough free storage on your mac to keep the photos you need stored locally?

cannot see all iphone photos on my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.