Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave Screen Issue

I updated to Mojave a couple of hours after the release, and was pretty satisfied with the overall look and feel despite some minor bugs. Then, I closed the lid and left, and when i came back - This was the image displayed. I am 100% sure that it isn't a physical issue but most likely a software issue. I rebooted immediately, and it looked completely normal again. This is occurring every second or third time I open the lid, and after a reboot, it is completely gone. Anyone else have this problem or a possible solution?

Thanks in advance:)

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.3)

Posted on Sep 25, 2018 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2018 10:05 AM

Might be a good time to run the Apple Hardware Test on your Mac.

9 replies

Dec 16, 2018 7:32 PM in response to Sebberdp

I have a similar problem since updating to Mojave. The menu is surrounded with multiple white lines and barely visible, the files on my desk turn into a screen form, sometimes my web browser font is only question marks. It happens after the computer gets in sleeping mode. If I restart it everything comes back to normal... except for problem connecting to my email accounts. I have a feeling the display issues are due to the dark mode. Its nice but its not functioning well on some older macbook models (2012). I will keep in light mode and see if the display issue is gone.

Jan 11, 2019 9:40 PM in response to Sebberdp

Im not sure if my issue was because of updating to Mojave and using dark mode but my whole display went out on my MacBook out of nowhere and I had to take it to apple to get it fixed, $500 later everything is working fine but I noticed my MacBook was back on Sierra OS. Updating to Mojave once again and using dark mode since I have 90 days after the repair to issue any other problems so if it happens again I know its because of Mojave dark mode. wish me luck!

Feb 22, 2019 5:06 PM in response to Sebberdp

I had this same screen issue but after my reboot and still half of my display is not refreshing so every other line is black. If I almost close the lid all the way (right before it goes to sleep) it will refresh. However, i would have to do this every time anything on the screen changes. I have spent days now with apple support, wiped HD and fresh install, same thing. It is def software and not hardware. WTF....

I was a BETA tester for Avid and Smoke for many years...this is so frustrating.

Mojave Screen Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.