Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages in iCloud only works one way

I have Messages in iCloud turned on in my MacbookPro and iPhone 6s.

If I delete a message on the iPhone, the message is deleted on the MacbookPro.

However, if I delete the message on the MacbookPro, it does not delete on the iPhone.

Checked all the settings, turned the feature on/off on both devices, signed out/in on iCloud.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Sep 25, 2018 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2018 12:38 PM

Greetings, rtw916.

I see that when you delete a message from the Messages application on your iPhone 6s, it's deleted on your MacBook Pro. The problem is, when you delete a message on your MacBook Pro, it's not deleting from your iPhone 6s. I'm happy to help.

Get help with Messages in iCloud -- On your Mac, open Messages application and select Messages > Preferences > General, and make sure "Save history when conversations are closed" is off.

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2018 12:38 PM in response to rtw916

Greetings, rtw916.

I see that when you delete a message from the Messages application on your iPhone 6s, it's deleted on your MacBook Pro. The problem is, when you delete a message on your MacBook Pro, it's not deleting from your iPhone 6s. I'm happy to help.

Get help with Messages in iCloud -- On your Mac, open Messages application and select Messages > Preferences > General, and make sure "Save history when conversations are closed" is off.

Take care!

Messages in iCloud only works one way

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.