Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellular Update Failed in iOS 12

im facing this problem. it says that i need to update. but im in iOS 12, so i think there would be no update for any time soon.

FYI : i have missing imei and modem firmware too.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 25, 2018 3:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2018 9:38 AM

A link was provided regarding this error. Either the iPhone 7 repair program, or this one, If you see a Cellular Update Failed or Apple Pay Not Available alert after iOS update or restart - Apple Support

14 replies

Oct 4, 2018 2:49 PM in response to mrahmanda

I have had this problem after installing ios12. Been leasing with O2 and they can't do anything. after talking to Apple tech support I went to the local Apple Store and was told it is an emerging problem and basically my iphone7 plus is unrepairable. The update has caused a problem with the modular modem and I need a new phone. I've raised a complaint with apple as I say it's their update that has caused the fault. Can't access any mobile data, texts or calls etc.

Jan 12, 2019 11:43 AM in response to Jansent1234

I have deselected and reselected the network, removed and replaced the SIM card, powered off and restarted the phone reset the network settings.... everything I could find on the net. I have the Vodafone App and have been through their customer service chat service, and when their consultant tried to contact me by SMS it does not come through, when the try to call As the screens switch over from WiFi to cell Mine is blocked with an error message

Cellular Update Failed in iOS 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.