Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album Artwork Not Showing

When I look up a song or album the artwork for it is there but once I add it, it isnt there. Yes, I have tried restarting my phone several times, what could be the problem? It has recently began doing this i don't know why.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 25, 2018 5:21 PM

2 replies

Sep 26, 2018 2:18 PM in response to judahfrommiami

Hello judahfrommiami,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that you're missing artwork when using Apple Music. Restarting was a great step! The following steps can help with this issue:

If the artwork for some of your albums or songs is missing

1. On your Mac or PC, open iTunes.
  2. In the upper-left corner, click User uploaded file Music.
  3. In the left sidebar, click Albums.
  4. Find the album with the missing artwork, then right-click or Control-click it.
  5. Click Get Album Artwork. To select more than one album, hold down the Command key on your keyboard and click additional albums.
  6. iTunes adds the album artwork.
  7. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose File > Library > Update iCloud Music Library.
  8. After iCloud Music Library has finished updating, open the Music app on your iOS device.
  9. Find the songs that are missing artwork, and remove the downloads from your device.
  10. Tap the download icon User uploaded file to the right of the song to download the song again from iCloud Music Library.
Get help with iCloud Music Library

Let us know the results. Please include any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a wonderful day!

Nov 6, 2018 9:59 AM in response to judahfrommiami

You need to:

remove all downloaded music in the Music app

(only if you downloaded it from Music to iPhone. if you only added it to the library ignore this step)

• switch off iCloud Music Library in both iPhone settings and iTunes
  • backup iPhone to computer or iCloud or both through iTunes
  • restore iPhone to factory settings through iTunes
  • restore iPhone to the backup though iTunes
  • turn iCloud Music Library back on in both iTunes and iPhone settings
  • Update iCloud Music Library through iTunes
  • sync iPhone through iTunes

Open the Music app on iPhone - all the artwork will be back.

Album Artwork Not Showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.