Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Xs front facing camera is extremely zoomed in and fuzzy (sharp) on Snapchat specifically! Anyone else having this issue?

iPhone Xs front facing camera is extremely zoomed in and fuzzy (sharp) on Snapchat specifically!

[Edited by Host]

Posted on Sep 25, 2018 9:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2018 10:32 PM

Yes same here! The camera is significantly more blurry and grainy with flash. Happens even in the iPhone camera app but worse on snap. I think could be due to the long camera format of the app? Maybe they need to update but the old iPhone 7 I had contained two front facing cameras so I figured that could be why. If iPhone XS has dual camera on back why not front?

29 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2018 10:32 PM in response to Newapple12345

Yes same here! The camera is significantly more blurry and grainy with flash. Happens even in the iPhone camera app but worse on snap. I think could be due to the long camera format of the app? Maybe they need to update but the old iPhone 7 I had contained two front facing cameras so I figured that could be why. If iPhone XS has dual camera on back why not front?

Nov 6, 2018 10:36 AM in response to midascat

Same problem here, even after updating to iOS 12.1. I’ve had the iPhone 7+ and iPhone 8 and their camera were astonishing even on Snapchat, both front and back with blitz. The iPhone Xs literally ***** and I hate using Snapchat now. Feels like half an iPhone half an Samsung. Mine is 4 days old and will go down and either get my old phone again or the X. Really disappointed in apple on this one. Unbelievable even if it’s a mistake.

$1200 phone better feel like a $1200 **** phone.

Dec 30, 2018 2:04 PM in response to Newapple12345

Im soooooo annoyyeeeed. I was always so happy with the Iphone front camera. Ive tried Samsung and Huawei but none of them had camera like Iphone. I upgraded from an Iphone 7 to Iphone XR today and Ive never been this disappointed with Apple!

Whats going on with the camera? Please fix it, here us out Apple, its awful!

Fine if you want a face tuning option but it should be an o p t i o n.

Also I shouldnt have to experience real bad quality pixel pictures with a lot of blur going on.

Feb 23, 2019 11:39 AM in response to TheRealSherizle

I don't use Snapchat. It's definitely THE DEVICE. I feel like I need a selfie stick just to hold it away from my face bc it's SO zoomed in. Even the front facing camera is AWFUL. I think it's the update bc I kept my iPhone 7plus and it's so close on there as well. My last phone I could take videos of the inside of homes so easily and now EVERYTHING is zoomed to the point where I might be able to get two pieces of furniture in a pic but an entire room is impossible. Who the **** has "perfect" lighting with their CELL PHONE!?! FIX THIS!

iPhone Xs front facing camera is extremely zoomed in and fuzzy (sharp) on Snapchat specifically! Anyone else having this issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.