Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having problems with iPhone xs weak WiFi and cell signal

Purchased new iphone xs and WiFi and cellular signal are weaker than old iPhone 6S. Having major connectivity issues where I did not have them with old phone. Not good a 1k price Tag. Needs to be fixed

Posted on Sep 26, 2018 1:18 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Sep 27, 2018 4:18 PM in response to Mcr7932

I have the same issues, in the exact same location with an iPhone 7 no problems. With my new iPhone XS I lose the ability to surf the web and send text messages. Disabling LTE on the cellular options makes it work again. I have the same issues, in the exact same location with an iPhone 7 no problems. With my new iPhone access I lose the ability to surf the web and send text messages. Disabling LTE on the cellular options makes it work again. Enabling airport mode and then disabling it also makes it work for a few minutes but then it stopped working.

Sep 28, 2018 8:58 AM in response to bcdouglas

bcdouglas wrote:

I want to see an official comment from Apple soon or I am taking my Xs back. I have no issue putting the sim card back in my 6s and waiting. For >$1k, I want a phone that works well. Ah, the joys of early technology adoption.

Feel free to return it, you have 14 days from the date of purchase.

Apple rarely officially comments on issues until they are fixed, so if that's what you are hoping for, best get that refund going now.

At least for me, if I ignore tests and just use my XS Max, cell quality is wonderful and I have had no issues on WiFi.

Having problems with iPhone xs weak WiFi and cell signal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.