Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MACOS Mojave-SMB issues

After upgrading to Mojave I can no longer connect to my NAS which i used to connect via smb://192.168.1.25/share

When I try to connect the dialog box just sits and and just says connecting. I tried cifs://192.168.1.25/share and that doesnt work either.

Any help would be appreciated.

iPad mini (Retina) Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 26, 2018 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2018 6:20 AM

My situation was I am sharing via SMB two Shares from a Mac running El Capitan

I was running this and connecting without an issue using a Mac Running High Sierra

I upgraded the Mac to Mojave and suddenly every time I tried to copy a file to or from the shares on th El Capitan Mac the finder would crash and the shares would drop ( mid copy ) ......

I found a solution but a kind of odd way to fix it...

I used an app called SMBconf ( you choose SMB version )......... chose to use SMB 3 on both Devices rebooted them both and Boom !! All working again .. I don't know if this just fixed a corrupted conf file ? but it worked for me !

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2018 6:20 AM in response to dtsteinb

My situation was I am sharing via SMB two Shares from a Mac running El Capitan

I was running this and connecting without an issue using a Mac Running High Sierra

I upgraded the Mac to Mojave and suddenly every time I tried to copy a file to or from the shares on th El Capitan Mac the finder would crash and the shares would drop ( mid copy ) ......

I found a solution but a kind of odd way to fix it...

I used an app called SMBconf ( you choose SMB version )......... chose to use SMB 3 on both Devices rebooted them both and Boom !! All working again .. I don't know if this just fixed a corrupted conf file ? but it worked for me !

Oct 24, 2018 7:21 AM in response to dtsteinb

Well, unfortunately the "samba connection issues after returning from sleep" that were fixed with the latest iterations of HighSierra weren't copied over to the Mojave code, apparently ...

Which is a huge shame since after not working in Sierra and in earlier versions of HighSierra they finally managed to fix such a fundamental issue only to throw it out of the window again.

Please, just fix it again.

MACOS Mojave-SMB issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.