Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery usage since last full charge

Hello! In iOS 11, the battery app/setting told us how long the phone had been used since the last full charge. I don’t see that in the new iOS 12 battery app, it just shows usage for full days. Right now, it appears my battery life is terrible, but I think it’s because the information I’m being given is different. I’m getting excellent life with maps-gps-tracking apps.

Please don’t tell me to check which apps are using what percent of battery, that’s not what I want to know. I want to know hours of use since last full charge. If the native Apple app/setting can’t tell me that, and if it’s allowed here, can someone recommend an App Store app that can give me that information?

Thank You.

Posted on Sep 26, 2018 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2018 3:32 PM

No. All I want is to know the number of hours I’ve used the phone since the last charge. The new screen time and battery apps use rolling 24-hour time frames, disregard last full charge entirely.

7 replies

Sep 27, 2018 7:28 AM in response to carol may

At 95% health your battery should be fine. The battery in my 6s got to 90% and I had it changed. It sounds like you have an app or apps that are running away with your charge?

I know when I looked at the Battery app after upgrading, I was disappointed to see that the Usage / Standby timers - as I found those very useful in gauging the battery life. With the removal of these, it very much feels that Apple have made things worse.

Hopefully they will listen and add it back into iOS 12.1 or 12.2.

Sep 27, 2018 1:54 AM in response to carol may

I had exactly the same concern and I have fed this back to Apple using the Feedback URL;

http://www.apple.com/feedback

The new Battery app is overly complicated and it doesn't show the Usage / Standby values, which were really useful.

I would recommend that you feedback this back to Apple as well, as they may re-introduce this into a later iOS update.

What iPhone do you have? I have an iPhone 6s, with a new battery and the life seems fine.

Battery usage since last full charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.