Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M-Audio Fast track pro output breaking up

My Fast track pro works fine for both input and out in Logic Express, until my computer has been on for a while. Then the output breaks up and sometimes quits completely. I have updated the driver for the interface, but that didn't help. Also, M-Audio doesn't provide new fimware for this device.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a fix?

thanks.

G5, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Feb 14, 2007 3:06 PM

3 replies

Feb 26, 2007 4:24 PM in response to Ramana

My Fast track pro works fine for both input and out
in Logic Express, until my computer has been on for a
while. Then the output breaks up and sometimes quits
completely. I have updated the driver for the
interface, but that didn't help. Also, M-Audio
doesn't provide new fimware for this device.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a
fix?

thanks.

below is my last email to M-Audio tech support after numerous communications-

Thanks for your thoughtful reply to my questions. Pun intended, I think the problem is a 'sleep disorder .' I've had my G5 hard drive set to 'go to sleep' after 30 minutes of inactivity. I may be working with my music and be called away, and rather than shut everything down, I've appreciated the option of leaving the computer on and having it go to sleep. Under Panther, I experience no problem with the Fast Track pro after 'awakening' the computer. I now realize that it was after awakening the computer under Tiger that the Fast Track Pro stopped functioning. So I reset the 'energy saver' so that the hard drive would never go to sleep, and I no longer experienced the Fast Track Pro problem I have described.

I have not had the time, or the inclination, to plug the Fast Track Pro into my wife's macbook pro to see if the same problem occurs with it. I can tell you that I used the FTP very sparingly with the macbook and did not give it the opportunity to go to sleep. So, who knows? When I get the chance I will try.

I would very much like to have the hard drive sleep option on my G5 function with the FTP. I don't like having to shut the whole thing down every time I'm called away. I don't know if this is an Apple 'problem' or an M-Audio 'problem.

What do you suggest?

M-Audio Fast track pro output breaking up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.