Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search button in iBooks library does not work.

after updating ipad Air 2 to iOS 12, when I press search button in iBooks library, page goes black, app closes and returns to home page. Same app button works fine on iPhone.

iPad, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 27, 2018 5:39 AM

1 reply

Sep 28, 2018 10:12 AM in response to SusanE53

Greetings, SusanE53.

It appears that the Books application on your iPad Air 2 isn't working as expected after upgrading to iOS 12. When you search for a book, the application crashes, and I'm happy to help.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Restart your iPad. Once it's returned to the Home screen, test the issue.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- If restarting your iPad didn't resolve the issue, please be sure to have a fresh backup to keep your personal information safe. In order to back up your Health data, the backup needs to be encrypted. iCloud does this automatically, but iTunes doesn't. If you'd like to use iTunes to back up your iPad, refer to this article: About encrypted backups in iTunes

Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12 or later device or Apple Watch -- Delete and restore the Apple Books app then test the issue.

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

Search button in iBooks library does not work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.