Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Silverlight on Mac OS Mojave

I am using Firefox ESR 52.1.0 on a MacBook. I was on Mac OS High Sierra and Silverlight was working on Safari until I installed Safari 12. At that point Firefox ESR 52.1.0 still ran Silverlight. I along with other users of a company Silverlight application have updated to Mac OS Mojave. All of the Apple documentation I have found notes that Safari no longer supports NPAPI but doesn't say anything else about the Mac OS Mojave blocking other applications from using these types of plugins.

Can you shed any light around Silverlight being completely dead on Mac OS Mojave users? Should the notes around NPAPI really have just said that Silverlight can't be run on Mac OS Mojave period instead of just on Safari. I'm still holding out some hope that I can run Silverlight but I may need to roll back to High Sierra as this is critical for my work. I understand that Silverlight is old, but if my company assumes the security risk around using Silverlight then I say make it possible to run Silverlight. Microsoft is holding out support for another 3 years on Silverlight.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Sep 27, 2018 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2018 10:42 AM

Silverlight works fine in Mojave using Firefox 52.9.0. ESR

User uploaded file

11 replies

Sep 27, 2018 9:46 AM in response to VikingOSX

I understand that Microsoft has stopped development and I understand why its going away on all other browsers other than Internet Explorer. To say its dead is not accurate, but rather its on life support until 2021. But the fact of the matter is it was working yesterday and now its not. There has to be some sort of explanation as Apples documentation doesn't spell out correctly why other browsers can't run Silverlight. It just says THEIR browser won't support it anymore. I'm just looking to see if someone else knows something that I don't about Silverlight completely dead to MacOS Mojave.

Silverlight on Mac OS Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.