Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will I lose all of my iTunes purchased music when my Apple Music subscription expires?

Hi, I recently got Apple Music, and I clicked "Merge Music" for the iCloud Library, as I didn't want to lose all my songs. When this subscription runs out (say I don't want to pay for it anymore) will all of my music be wiped, or will just my Apple Music downloaded songs stop working?

Posted on Sep 27, 2018 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2018 9:09 AM

(say I don't want to pay for it anymore) will all of my music be wiped, or will just my Apple Music downloaded songs stop working?

When your paid subscription ends, you will lose the iCloud Music Library and access to any Apple Music tracks.

You may have to download your purchased iTunes tracks again once the library is disabled. If you also have CD based music, you will need to sync it again using the iTunes application from your Windows/Mac.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2018 9:09 AM in response to FireFox8821

(say I don't want to pay for it anymore) will all of my music be wiped, or will just my Apple Music downloaded songs stop working?

When your paid subscription ends, you will lose the iCloud Music Library and access to any Apple Music tracks.

You may have to download your purchased iTunes tracks again once the library is disabled. If you also have CD based music, you will need to sync it again using the iTunes application from your Windows/Mac.

Will I lose all of my iTunes purchased music when my Apple Music subscription expires?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.