Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound on 2nd display since Mojave

Hello all,

I used to work with a Macbook Pro (13-inch, Mid2012) and extend the desktop through a thunderbolt cable connected to an iMac (21.5-inch, late 2013) and both video and sound were working just fine, since the iMac has better speakers I chose iMac (display port) as my output device.

Since I upgraded both machines to Mojave, the screen mode still working fine, but there's no sound anymore, changing the output configuration on both sound settings and Midi setup is not working, and the iMac itself is reproducing sound, while in screen mode I connect through screen sharing and I can play music, so the iMac speakers and setup is just working fine, seems like the sound is not being shared throughout the thunderbolt cable.

Any Ideas?

MacBook, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Sep 27, 2018 8:40 AM

7 replies

Oct 5, 2018 3:41 AM in response to Borrato

What a mess Mojave seems to be! Regretting installing it now.

I m having loads of sound issues too, li get the same on FaceTime with my Thunderbolt display - no sound on the display output but i can get it via my audio interface > speakers.

Also, has anyone noticed the same - in my Mac sound preferences, under the Output and Input windows, i seem to have a replica of all my audio devices but each with a (s) next to them... I'm not sure if this has been introduced via Mojave or one of my sound management apps...

No sound on 2nd display since Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.